Born as a part of the Chinese Health Care System, Acupuncture has been helping people overcome their health problems for more than 2500 years. It is based on the fact energy flows within the body in a definite pattern which is fundamental to good health. Diseases occur when this flow is disrupted due to some reason. Acupuncture rectifies the imbalances in the flow of energy at certain indefinable points on the skin, and thus helps in preventing many diseases.
Acupuncture involves procedures that stimulate various anatomic locations within or on the skin through different specialized techniques. In United States, acupuncture includes a number of approaches that have been incorporated from the medical traditions of China, Korea, Japan and few other countries. The most common mechanism of stimulation used in acupuncture is the penetration of thin metallic needles in the skin.
Treatment by Acupuncture is known to be effective in many conditions including vomiting, nausea and post operative dental pain. Besides this, is can also help with situations like headache, addiction, rehabilitation, tennis elbow, myofascial pain and menstrual cramps.
How it works?
Researches conducted on both animals as well as human beings suggest that acupuncture results in multiple biological responses which can occur either at the place of application, or at some distance from it. This becomes possible due to the mediation of the sensory nerves which are a part of our central nervous system. Acupuncture controls the discharge of neurotransmitters and neurohormones which leads to a reduction in brain chemistry. The sensation caused by acupuncture normalizes the blood pressure, flow as well as the temperature of the body.
Some of the greatest benefits of acupuncture include:
· Strengthening of the immune system by raising the number of T-cells in the body. Due to this, it is effective in treating chronic fatigue syndrome and allergies.
· Release of endorphins that kill the pain and also play an important part in the working of hormone system. Due to this, acupuncture is able to treat arthritis, back pain, P.M.S. and ulcers.
· Breaking of spasm cycle which often causes pain and tightness in the muscles. Acupuncture improves circulation of blood which further helps in supplying the required nutrients to the muscles and nerves.
· Acupuncture needles are left in the right areas of the body for around 30 minutes during which the person relaxes. In certain areas, a gentle vibration is also given by attaching electrodes to the needles which gives relaxation just like massage.
· Since there are no chemicals or drugs involves, acupuncture has no side effects and is safe for use for everyone.
Before providing the treatment, acupuncturists study the medical history, behavior, lifestyle and the present health condition of the person. This is important in order to diagnose the best treatment depending on his / her condition. The benefits obtained from the acupuncture therapy depend of the severity of the person’s ailment. It is also used as an alternative way of providing sedation as it doesn’t have side effects like dizziness. A large number of people have received immense relief with the help of this ancient Chinese therapy. Thus, Acupuncture can help in eliminating various health problems that other forms of medical treatment have failed to treat.